Through its purchase of current books and multimedia materials, and unique local collections, the library encourages a love of reading for recreation and lifelong learning.
In order to fulfill the library’s mission, the collection provides access to information in print, audio, video, and electronic formats. These resources include:
- Fiction and Nonfiction books including Bestsellers
- Large Print
- Vermont books
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Audiobooks on CD and playaway
- Downloadable audiobooks & e-books
- Music CDs
In addition there are two special collections:
- Voices: The Search for Justice and Identity Collection. This collection focuses upon, but is not limited to, first-person narratives of people who have sought equal rights, religious freedom, political freedom, and cultural identity. Authors from the United States and around the world are represented.
- Bella Luna: Breast Cancer Collection. This collection honors women and their families whose lives have been challenged by breast cancer. It includes books and educational materials about breast care, breast cancer, treatment and coping.
Adult Book Discussion Groups
The Deborah Rawson Book Lovers discussion group meets the second Tuesday of every month in the program room of the library. Registration is required to be a part of the group. Please call the library, 899-4962, for more information.
Award Winning Books
- Pulitzer Prize Winners
- Agatha Awards – honor the traditional mystery – books best typified by the works of Agatha Christie
- The Hugo Awards – for excellence in science fiction and fantasy
- National Book Awards – recognition in fiction, non-fiction, poetry and young adult literature
- Pen / Faulkner Awards – honors the best published works of fiction (novels, novellas, and collections of short stories) written by American citizens
- ALA Notable books list
- Crime Fiction Awards
- Man Booker Prize – awards the best novel of the year written by a citizen of the Commonwealth or the Republic of Ireland