- Holly Hall, Library Director
- Youth Librarian, TBA
- Constance Murphy, Head Clerk
- Deb Kesler, Clerk, Webmaster
- Donna Malinowski, Clerk
- Katrina Simpson, Clerk
- Cathy Clark, Clerk
- Erik van Eck, Programming
The Deborah Rawson Memorial Library in Jericho, VT is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced leader to fill the position of Youth Librarian. Under the supervision and policy direction of the Library Director, the Youth Librarian is responsible for direct services to youth and their caregivers.
Responsibilities cover the full range of youth services, including: selecting all juvenile materials; circulation and cataloging of materials; developing and carrying out youth
programming from infants through teen, including providing reference service; preparing publicity, announcements, and displays; and conducting library orientation tours & programs.
Plans, publicizes and conducts pre-school story times, annual summer reading program and other youth activities and programs.
Provides outreach services and partners with preschools, schools, day care centers, homeschoolers and community groups.
- MLS/MLIS or Vermont’s Certificate of Public Librarianship preferred. Two years of experience working in public or school libraries.
- Experience with children’s services, including acquisitions and programming.
- Knowledge of youth literature.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patrons, community organizations and local schools.
- A positive attitude, flexibility, the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, and a sense of humor are important.
Hourly waged based upon experience. Position does include benefits.
This position is 30 hour per week and includes some circulation desk duties.
The hours are Tuesday through Friday 9:30 to 5 with flexibility to shift some hours to weekends or evenings for programs.
CLOSING DATE: January 21, 2020
Submit cover letter, resume, & 3 references to:
Holly Hall, Library Director
Deborah Rawson Memorial Library
8 River RD.
Jericho, VT, 05465