The Deborah Rawson Memorial Library is a 5,000 square foot building situated next to the Underhill I.D. School and close to the Brown’s River Middle School. It offers wonderful views of Mt. Mansfield from the main reading room complete with a fireplace, and also an outdoor sitting area and perennial garden to enjoy the view.
Together the library staff, board of trustees and volunteers strive to provide friendly and helpful service, and to offer a collection that meets the needs of the Jericho/Underhill community.
- All Jericho and Underhill residents are eligible to get a Deborah Rawson Memorial Library card.
- Children under 16 need a parent or guardian’s signature to get their own card.
- In order to keep our records up to date cards expire every three years. The expiration date is on each card.
- Non-residents may get a non-resident card if they do not live in one of the communities participating in the homecard system.
Catamount Library Network
DRML is now part of the Catamount Library Network (CLN). There are now many self-service options/features that you can access from your personal library account. If you have given us your current email, you will receive email notifications when your holds are ready and when books are due to be returned. You also can easily reserve books (or renew items) from your home or smartphone! Drop in and give it a try or download our CLN pamphlet to get started!
All residents of Underhill and Jericho are eligible to receive a Homecard. This card entitles residents to borrow materials from the Deborah Rawson library as well as 19 other area libraries. See a list of participating libraries.
Material Loans and Renewals
- Books and other materials are loaned out for a period of three weeks. Items may be renewed up to three times, provided no one else is waiting to borrow the item.
- Items may be renewed in person or over the phone.
- We are happy to place a reserve on any item in the library that may currently be in circulation. Simply fill out a request slip and we will call you when the item has been returned. If several people are waiting for an item, they will be placed on a waiting list based on when they requested the item.
- Any item that you would like but that the library does not own, we will do an Interlibrary Loan to request it from another library. We have access to a variety of databases including out of state libraries. Out of state loans do take longer to receive so please keep that in mind. Videos are not available out of state. To make a request simply fill out a request slip and we will call you when the item arrives.
- The library currently delivers a variety of books to the Jeri-Hill X-Y-Z monthly luncheons. Anyone who attends the luncheon and has a valid library card may check out books there.
- Home delivery is available for anyone who is homebound and unable to visit the library. Please call the library to arrange this service. 899-4962.